Thank you for your consideration in purchasing Fitting Tent Space at the MJLS Winter Classic.
Funds generated as a result of this auction will benefit the MJLS Scholarship program.
1. Please note the map is not drawn to scale but is for reference of location only. Each Fitting Tent area will be 20 x 40 feet with approximately a 10 ft area immediately surrounding the space to accommodate tent lines and weights. (Total space approximately 30 x 50 feet) Absolutely no stakes may be driven. Tents should be weighted appropriately to prevent movement in the wind.
2. MI Junior Livestock Society, nor Michigan State University Pavilion takes responsibility for damage to tents/equipment. It is solely the responsibility of the participants and/or families and responsible parties to arrange for putting the tents up, securing these tents, as well as removal/disposal of tents and equipment. Additionally; all trash, manure and similar refuse must be removed to the appropriate manure bunker and/or trash container.
3. Tents spaces are provided solely for the fitting of animals. Absolutely no stalling/tie out of animals in this area will be allowed. It is at the discretion of MJLS and/or MSU staff to enter these tents at any time, without prior warning. Refusal of admittance will result in immediate disqualification of all participants and exclusion from MJLS events. It is the expectation that all rules provided in the Winter Classic entry packet will be followed at all times.
4. Trucks and trailers will be allowed into this Fitting Tent area solely for the purpose of set-up and removal of tents and equipment. Absolutely no trucks/trailers/vehicles of any kind may be parked in this designated area on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Failure to follow these parking/access rules may result in the forfeiture of the deposit and all resulting consequences. Tent exhibitors must use the South entrance.
5. The participants/responsible parties may set up tents after 12:00 noon on Thursday, December 7. Set-up of tents should be completed by 7:00 p.m. on Thursday. All trucks/trailers and other vehicles should be removed from the tent area at this time. Vehicles may enter the tent area for removal of tents and equipment after the completion of all classes and selection of Champions on Sunday, December 10. If preferred, tents may be removed on Monday, December 11 by 3:00 p.m. Upon the completion of removal and clean-up of area, please be sure to have a release document signed by MJLS committee. Failure to secure a signed release may result if forfeiture of deposit amount.
6. Each tent space (8 total available) will be auctioned to the highest bidder. An additional deposit fee of $300 is due to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., by November 25 (postmark). (Please mail to Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. 1007 S. Washington St., Owosso, MI. 48867. Upon successful bid, it will be the bidder’s responsibility to provide the youth participants names who will be using the space, to the MJLS Show Chairperson. If the deposit is not paid by and/or youth participants have not been identified by the deadline, the next eligible bidder will be granted the space.
7. The deposit amount will be reimbursed to the participant/responsible party within 10 days of the conclusion of the show and inspection of the area. This deposit will be reimbursed only if all trash, manure, equipment and similar items have been removed to the satisfaction of the MSU Pavilion staff. Any responsible party that does not remove all equipment, trash, manure and similar debris will forfeit the $300 fee and will not be eligible to receive reserved tent space in the future.
8. For those who wish to remove the tent prior to the end of the show on Sunday, an approval and release form must be obtained from the MJLS Show office.
Terms Specific to Sheridan Realty & Auction
A Buyer's Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. Please take this into consideration when bidding. Bid price + buyer premium = sale price.
All purchases must be paid for in U.S. funds at load out. Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or good personal checks (w/bank letter if over $5000) are accepted. Should you choose to pay with a credit card, you will be charged an additional 5% handling fee. $5000 max payment accepted on credit cards. Credit card and ID must be present at load out, even for pre-paid invoices.
All sales are FINAL- no refunds.
All Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. Online Only Auctions are timed events that have an auto-extend feature. Any bid placed on an item within 5 minutes of the auction ending will automatically extend the auction for 5 minutes on that item. Example: If an auction scheduled to end at 6:00 pm receives a bid at 5:59 pm, the close time of the auction automatically extends to 6:05 pm. The auto-extend feature remains active on a per-item basis until no further bids are received within the 5 minute time frame.
Bidding increments are as follows:
$0 - $200 = $5
$200 - $1000 = $25
$1,000 - $10,000 = $100
$10,000 - $25,000 = $500
$25,000 - $500,000 = $1,000
$500,000 - $1,000,000 = $5,000
$1,000,000 and up = $10,000
All items sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults and without warranty expressed or implied. Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. is not responsible for any missing or incorrect listing information. We have attempted to provide accurate descriptions. However, it is the bidder's responsibility to conduct any inspections to determine the condition and feasibility of the bidder’s intended use. Descriptions that are provided by the auction company are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. It is automatically acknowledged by registering that you have either personally inspected the items being sold, hired an agent to inspect the items being sold or waive your right to inspect the items being sold. By placing a bid, this creates a contractual agreement to purchase the items being sold at the high bid price plus Buyers Premium and any additional fees.
Sale on all items is subject to seller approval. Auction company reserves the right to confirm the sale with the seller, and bid on behalf of the seller, if necessary. Items may have reserves that may or may not be noted.
The successful bidder not attempting to settle their invoice after the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default and will be black flagged in our database. Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to sell to the next highest qualified bidder in the event the successful high bidder does not comply with the terms of the sale. By bidding on the items in the auction, the buyer agrees to all terms and conditions set forth. By registering and placing a bid you agree that if you happen to become a default bidder, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. has the right to charge your credit card for the entire balance of your invoice, plus any and all costs incurred by the seller and Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. in a subsequent resell of the item(s). If Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. is able to sell your item to the next highest qualified bidder at a price lower than the auction high bid price, the default bidder agrees to allow Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. to charge their credit card for the difference in their high bid price and the actual selling price to the backup bidder.
During this auction process there is a chance that you will be outbid. At that time you will receive an outbid notification by email. Bidders may also find out if they have been outbid by refreshing the individual lot information. Due to varying internet connections/speed, sometimes email notifications can be delayed. We are not responsible for the failure of any part of the bidding process or internet bidding.
If you are bidding against someone who has placed a max bid in the system, the max bid that is placed first will take precedence over a bid placed after. This means that the person who placed the bid first will have the high bid, in the event that the same bid is placed.
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. has full discretion to modify the date and time, order, and details of the auction for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. or the Seller.
In the event that there are technical difficulties related to the server, software or any other online auction-related technologies, Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., MarkNet Alliance and the Seller reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software nor Sheridan Realty & Auction Co., MarkNet Alliance or the Seller shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason. Email notifications may be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary.
Your use of this site and bid placement constitutes your acceptance and agreement to adhere to these terms. Please print a copy for your records. All bidders are responsible for reading all terms and conditions carefully. Lack of knowledge of Auction Terms and Conditions will not release bidders from their obligations.
Sheridan Realty & Auction Co. reserves the right to revise The Terms and Conditions.